Screeeeech! goes a chair, I look over and Abbey is pushing a chair to where our microwave is, I know what she's up to so I watch and wait. You see on top of the microwave are delicious tart granny smith apples. After Abbey gets to her appointed destination she pulls herself onto the chair and then stands up. She looks over at me to see whether I'm going to hurry and snatch her away before she can get to the goods, so she looks back at the apples and then at me one more time and as she looks at me she bends her right index finger and proceeds to put it to her cheek and turns her hand, which if you don't know it's the sign for apple! I was so excited because ever since she was old enough to sit in a high chair at 4mo I've been trying to teach her many things and off and on if she saw an apple I would do the sign and say "Apple" but I hadn't done that for some time but she remembered anyway and it was amazing!
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
"apple"
Posted by annie at 11:40 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
How fun!!! Good for you that you waited and watched--its so easy to just constantly correct and fix things.....but if we wait....something interesting can happen! :)
Love the background I can tell you are ready for halloween I remember when we would go to the spook ally and one time mom sat on a bench and a kid grabed her leg and made her scream. I miss going to them. i remember when you dressed as a witch and Ethan was so scared of you.
Good for you Abbey. Did she get a bite of the apple? I hope so.
Love,
Mom
Post a Comment