CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, October 27, 2008

The pumpkin walk...


We went with my sister Dana and her family to the Syracuse Pumpkin Walk, Where there were carved jacko-lantern's for miles. So we got the kids dressed up in Halloween costumes and put lots of layers of clothing underneath the costumes to keep them warm out in the dark, cold night.

Courtney said that the layered look reminded him of the little boy in The Christmas Story. Well we set off and you know that when you go anywhere with kids it will never be a dull moment.


So this is what transpired:

1. Dana calls to have us pick her up at their house since Gary and the kids left her.
2. When we got to the Pumpkin Walk Dana took Andrew as I had the stroller w/ Abbey and we were going to find Gary and the kids in LONG, WEAVING line.
3. When Dana returned she said she left Andrew with Gary because Gary wanted to help us out by having Andrew with him.
4. Soon (about 20min) we get a phone call and Gary told Dana he took Andrew to their house because he was crying and he couldn't console Andrew.
5. I'm freaking out! asking why he didn't call Dana or come find us, etc.....and why he took Andrew when he didn't have a car seat!
6. Dana is trying to calm me down.
7. Courtney took off to go get Andrew. He found Andrew ok, Gary had turned on Star Wars and so Andrew was happy about that.
8. Courtney returns with Andrew and Gary followed.
9. Gary said that Andrew was kicking and screaming and wouldn't let them hold him.
10. Gary also said on the way to their house Andrew said "Find Courtney, Find Courtney" (smart one Andrew)
11. Abbey had, had enough in the stroller, so we put Andrew in the stroller which he requested that mom be with him.
12. We finally had fun looking at the pumpkins and being together. What an adventure! to say the least!

Whew! what a night! We are grateful that uncle Gary was kind enough to help us by taking Andrew. Unfortunately, Andrew does not do so hot unless he has one of his parents around.

4 comments:

Chip and Lisa said...

All I can say is Im so sorry for the emotional night and I guess all of us mom's are in the same boat that sometimes fills like it is sinking!!! We will stay afloat!

Julie Miller said...

Glad you all survived! I love your new picture on the top of your blog! Very cute!

Unknown said...

They had some really cool pumkins didnt they I'm glad you had a fun time at least most of the time.

The Paper Plates said...

I love your new pictures. You are very talented and love the antique look. I am glad that we can be a good source of stories for your blog.