5:30am the alarm starts buzzing, another day starts again, big sigh, Courtney gets up to get ready for work as I pull the covers over me and try to get back to a deep sleep. After Courtney is all ready and dressed for the day he kisses me until I wake up and then we say our prayer together, hoping to sleep more I pull the covers over my head once more while Courtney tip toes to the kitchen hoping Andrew and Abbey will stay in their beds sleeping deeply.
Alas 6:30am arrives and Courtney very quietly opens the door to leave and the moment he closes the door so so carefully, Andrew bounds out of bed and runs to his door and opens and then SLAMS it shut and runs into where I am, again trying to sleep! and he demands, want breakfast, want breakfast. I tell him to come snuggle and so he endulges me for a bit then asks again, want breakfast, want breakfast. So I come to the conclusion as I do every morning that I just need to get up!!
I then tell Andrew that we need to make our beds and get ready for school and then his face just lights up and he says, " want to ride bus" and I say yes you will ride the bus today but we need to be very quiet so Abbey stays asleep.
Beds are made, breakfast is done, we say a little prayer together before we leave to wait for the bus and then what do I hear in the background, no not a firecracker but yes Abbey is awake. So I hurry and get her milk ready and we go to say good morning to Abbey. I open the door and Andrew rushes up to her crib and they both giggle and laugh together like two peas in a pod. I have the biggest grin on my face as I see how both Andrew and Abbey love each other and how they have the cutest smiles on their faces.
I get Abbey dressed and fed and then coats and shoes are on and it's time to go wait for the bus. As we get to the bus stop Andrew asks "want Book of Mormon Stories" and so we sing "Book of Mormon Stories" as we wait for the bus, Abbey loves to do the actions with her brother. Then we see the bus and Andrew jumps with glee as the bus comes. We wait patiently as the bus comes to a stop and we wait for the big squeak sound it makes. Andrew see's the bus and squeales with glee as he runs up to the bus with me holding on to his hand and Abbey at the same time while trying to keep my balance. Abbey is equally happy to see the bus, she gets all excited too.
Andrew lunges to take that first step on the bus and as he gets on the bus, Rose and Donna greet him and he says "good MORning". As they leave, we waive to him as the wind blows on us like a Tornado is coming, and then Abbey realizes two things Andrew is leaving and so is the bus and she starts throwing a fit and screams in the horror of it all, as I'm trying to waive goodbye and give blow kisses to Andrew while trying to hold on to Abbey because she I think wants to get on the bus with Andrew.
Then the bus is gone leaving an empty feeling, missing Andrew all ready. Abbey and I walk back home as the wind is pelting us down and throwing our hair (my hair) everywhere! Abbey walks up the stairs with me holding on to her hands and we play with her horsey which she pats on the rear and says "giddy up", "giddy up", I look at her and I'm amazed how her understanding and vocabulary is blossoming.
Everyday is truly a gift to spend with our adorable kids. I'm grateful for my kids but I miss those lazy days of sleeping in!!! maybe in 20 years I'll have the opportunity to sleep in but alas I'm afraid by then my internal clock will just wake me up anyway!
Anyone else miss the sleeping in days???
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Typical Morning
Posted by annie at 1:43 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
Great Post. Your kids will love reading that someday. :) I have not had to set my alarm clock in.....5 and a half years. Sarah is our alarm clock!! :)
I guess I am pretty lucky cuz I have to set the clock. My kids will both sleep until noon if I let them. Occassionally on the weekends we do just that and I love every time we do.
I love the picture of Abbey on the horse! I had one just like it. It sounds like you have a great way to wake up in the morning anyway! Colby wakes me up too but luckily it is more like 8:30 most mornings!
This brought back memories of when I would carefully engineer things to have just a couple of winks more sleep. These are your sleep-deprived years, but it doesn't last forever. Just keep that in mind.
Love you,
Mom
I totally understand its UEA for us and I have the chance to sleep in and I just cant its so annoying. I can sometimes sleep in if I stay up late or if I am lucky.
Post a Comment