I would love to share with you my playhouse project. My brother J. built this for his girls and of course when we moved in we were fortunate to inherit it. I was BEYOND THRILLED as I always wanted a playhouse when I was growing up and now my kids will be able to have fun in it. We just need to make sure to keep the wasps from having their family reunions there.
So as it needed to be repainted since the long hot summers and the cold, cold winters were not so kind to the paint and me being a thrifty girl and thinking what paint do I have??? Pink! yes, lots & lots of pink paint will do. It was left over from Abbey's room project. So Abbey and I embarked on our project on a nice warm autumn day.
So without further ado, here is what transpired. Enjoy!
I painted some shelves that I had in the garage black and put them under the windows to hold flowers and I had an old crib railing from a crib that got a lot of use (Thanks to Lisa P. for giving it to us) So I painted it white and used it for a porch railing. It works perfect! We LOVE IT!
Eventually I want to build real shutters that actually open and close over the windows to help especially during the winter. We will be landscaping this next summer around the little house and thanks to some good friends who gave us their little tikes kitchen set it will go in here for lots of fun cooking (and cleaning :) Let's just say.... Tea party anyone??/




1 comments:
Great project! Love it! And you are the tea party queen! I'm sure you and your kiddos with have a simply divine time with that sweet little house!
Post a Comment