The bedroom makeover victim: The gal on the left
Chloe & my Sister Dana
My niece Chloe was turning the fun age of 16. Instead of having a party she wanted her aunt Linda, me, & her mom to decorate her dull/boring room into an elegant room perfect for a girl coming of age.
List:
Chandelier
paint: purple/lavendar (her favorite color)
ELEGANT (she repeated that many times)
My sister Dana set out to find the perfect headboard and dresser. Me, I was to find curtains and bedding. Linda painted and accessorized (this gal is goooood. She needs no tape, she paints perfect and stays in the lines. I know because I saw her do it also in Abbey's room.)
I was at TJ Maxx when I saw some black and white shower curtains for only 9.99 each and I knew they would go perfectly with her bedding that we found on KSL. Yes you read correctly..... I found shower curtains, who says you can't use shower curtains as drapes. I tried calling Dana about 30 times (no lie) to tell her about them, I was so excited. It worked fabulously. My sister Dana took the curtains and cut them in half, since shower curtains are very wide and made the curtains longer, we were thrilled.
The whole time we were doing this Chloe could not look or peek so we had about a week to pull it all together but when it came together... it was like budder.
Dana found an antique headboard that went perfect with a dresser that my mom gave her for the cause. We painted the dresser white to match the bed. The mirror was also my moms, it was from the 60's/70's gold plastic era and so it's amazing what white paint will do. A friend of mine gave me the chandelier which after a coat of white paint viola! perfect! Dana worked her magic with fabric and glue and turned the lamp shades on the chadelier and the bed lamp into works of art. Linda topped it all off with the perfect pictures and accesories all around the room.
Total cost of project: $300. PERFECTION!
I would like to introduce you to .....(drum roll).... Chloe's bedroom makover.
(trumpets sounding!!!)
Sorry no before shots.
The elegant room.
The culprits:





2 comments:
wow! That looks simply amazing! And I've never thought to use a shower curtain for window curtains- brilliant!!
What a lucky girl to have such a cool mom and aunts like you. :)
I'm totally impressed. You guys should be featured on HGTV! Love the black and white with lavender. I'm going to hire you to design for us someday.
Post a Comment