Yesterday my sister and I took our kids to the Hogle Zoo. We had such a fun time seeing the animals, riding the merry-go-round and train.
So afterwords as we were driving down past Rice-Eccles stadium I was shocked to see cars stopped at a crosswalk were there were in fact a momma duck and 12 of her ducklings waddeling their way on the crosswalk.
Talk about shock! I thought the book "Make Way for Ducklings" was just a cute little tail about ducks in Boston and at one point in the book the ducks cross the road as a policeman halts all the traffic to let them pass. But to my surprise I guess ducks everywhere are smart enough to know to get on the crosswalk to cross to the other side and brave us humans in our cars.
It was so cool I had to write about it. To bad I could n't drive and take a picture at the same time.
Friday, July 10, 2009
Make Way for Ducklings
Posted by annie at 11:25 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
Oh I wish I could have gone but I had a blast at efy.
Post a Comment