CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Happy Things....



Recently I've been tapping into my love for painting. When my mom goes to the DI to see if there's any good books, she'll look in the picture/photo section and she'll pick up some canvas paintings so I can re-purpose them into my own works of art! Thanks mom. I love painting in oils and acrylics. It depends on if I know what I'm going to paint vs not knowing what I'm going to paint. The drying times are very different. Oils are VERY SLOW and acrylics are VERY FAST.

Both my children LOVE butterflies so in honor of them I created my own "pink" version of the typical butterfly. This was an oil which took one month to dry. It works perfectly with the PB Kids shower curtain I got for $9 bucks! Fabulous!

I'm excited to one day have my own art studio for me and my kids to paint ALL DAY LONG.... wait then I guess none of the cleaning and laundry would get done!! Ok so not ALL day long but at least most of the day......

9 comments:

Britny said...

What a fun thing! I love love love your pink butterfly!

Julie Miller said...

Way to go. Sounds much more ambitious than I am. It was fun talking to you!

sorichfamily said...

you are so talented! i love it!

and i love your handsome model in the bathroom photo...very cute! when you have your art studio we will come and visit and you can teach us all about being so arty!!

ps...i love your pic of the boston ducks...did you know one of them got kidnapped? and your bathroom looks so cute! great decorating...as always!

annie said...

You are all very sweet. Sometimes I don't feel ambitious or artsy.

lara I would LOVE if you would honor me with a visit ANYTIME but especially in my art studio. I want there to be lots of easels for children as well as adults. How fun to sit and express yourself while listening to music, children laughing and the banter back and forth of friends talking.

BTW... I can't believe that one of the Boston ducks were kidnapped! did they find out who did it? did they catch them??? I hope they did.

Amanda said...

Annemarie!

For weeks I have been meaning to comment on your blog..and well here I finally am at 11:23 p.m. doing it. Your family is so grown and beautiful!

Love your artwork, your simple reminders of gratitude and your positive outlook on life!

Glad to see you are well.

annie said...

Amanda - I am so honored and thrilled that you traveled over my way. Come over with Lara for a visit - ANYTIME. It reminds me how you would drop by to pay me a visit with your two (at the time) adorable children. I always enjoyed our talks.

I just love all of your creative ideas on your blog and with your photography. I think you are a spectacular photographer. You have the gift to see art in different ways and angles.

I'm very lucky to have had the chance to live in CT with such AMAZING people that I will always consider my friends.

Angela said...

I always liked seeing how you decorated your home back at Harbor Point. Your projects look like fun. The butterfly is so cute -- I'd love to try oils. Dan did a few landscapes in high school. Right now I'm hunting for a bookshelf for Sophia's room, and I wish you were out here to shop with me! (There are so many stores in this area!) Miss ya.

Ashley said...

Hey, found you somehow...I think Lisa's blog. Anyways, so good to catch up through your words and photos. You are such a great mom. I really miss you, and would love to catch up sometime.

Much love!

annie said...

Ang - I miss you guys too. I would love to be going shopping with you to find the perfect book case.

Loves, AA

Ashley - I was so elated when I saw that your name and picture where on my blog!! what an absolute honor it is! I'm excited to see & read how you guys are doing. You have always been such a huge example to me of how a person can do it all! you would always do it with flair and such style.

I'm excited to read your blog and read about all the fun things you and your family are doing.

Loves,
AA