In English, the Portuguese word agradecimento means having gratitude. I wanted to share with you my grattitude I have in my life.
One morning Andrew was quite hungry and so didn't want to wait or me to get ready BEFORE breakfast so I poured him a bowl of cereal with a paper towel underneath to catch any milk that might spill. When I returned to the kitchen after my tidying up the bedrooms and taking a quick shower I saw this in the sink. I was so proud of my little boy remembering to bring his breakfast bowl, bib, spoon and paper towel and put them in the sink for me. Wow most kids who are typical and have no learning difficulties most often don't remember to put things away. So this made my day!
Oh how grateful a wife can be when her husband wants to cook so that I could rest while I was sick for 4 WEEKS!!! yuck. I finally went to Dr. and he told me I had a sinus infection. Why do I put myself through suffering, I don't know??? but I'm glad I finally went to get some antibiotics. :) Oh how I love my Oweee.
I'm so grateful to such a sweet little girl who runs up to give me hugs and kisses as well as gives loves to her daddy, brother and ALL her stuffed animals. Plus she loves my scarfs, wow it even somewhat goes with her outfit... hey I didn't even plan it!

And last but not least!!! Oh how I just LOVE my new chairs. 3 out of 4 chairs within a few weeks of each other broke. I know what your thinking, but I really didn't throw them off of the balcony so I could start a new project. So I wanted to find a bench and some chairs to go around my table as I am not so fond of the matchy matchy furniture. So this has been my project since January... do all projects seem to take forever?? well I finally got everything sanded down and seats replaced and refurbished... whew!!! I painted them creamy ivory and they look fabulouso... magnifique'!!! I will be putting the final pictures up soon.
Monday, April 6, 2009
Agradecimento.....
Posted by annie at 11:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Can't wait to see the finished project!
Yeah for fun projects!!! Good post. :)
I really miss you! So sorry that you have been so sick and for so long that sounds so miserable! I love to read about how well Andrew is doing and he looks so much older...it must be the hair-have I been gone that long? The chairs and bench are fabulous you have to post pics of the finished project I bet it is fabulous-you are sooo extremely talented! I miss all your faces!
I've seen the finished projects and they are very chic. Wait until you all see them.
I am grateful for this little family, of whom I am so very proud.
Post a Comment