Today Courtney and I went to see Andrew at his school, they were having a little party in honor of the holidays. I'm grateful to my wonderful friend Ape (will call her) because she so willingly took Abbey so we could go. When we arrived they were having circle time and Andrew was up with the teacher singing while doing actions to what they said "stomp, stomp stomp" STOP Miss Kristen would say and put the side of her hand on the other hands palm and then she went on "jump, jump, jump".. STOP "Slide, Slide, Slide".
Andrew was so happy. The children sat down in their chairs and one of the moms gave each child a old bell with a ribbon on it and we sang Jingle Bells as the children jingled their bells, it was so sweet.
Then Miss Kristen said that the children made a present for the parents and she pulled out a paper plate with each child's little hand traced and painted and cut out and glued/fanned out around the whold paper plate with their picture in the center. Oh the tears started coming and I felt foolish but hey I am a faucet so what can you say but I saw another mom have tears coming down her cheeks too so then I didn't feel that bad after all why should I? I was having a very proud mom moment.
Then another mom passed a present to each child and Andrew said "Happy Christmas" they all laughed and said that Andrew has been saying so many cute things lately. I'm loving him talking and communicating so much more. The other day when Courtney and I went to a work Christmas party my niece Shanner Banner said that Abbey would go up to the tree and touch it and Andrew would go up to her and take her hand to pull her away and he said "no, no, Abbey don't touch the tree" and he would pull her and they both would laugh which made Abbey want to do this more and so it became a game for them.
Then we had a treat and whenever I stood up he would say " Want to sit with Mommy" and so I would sit down and he would be content and they he looked at Miss Kristen and said "Merry Christmas Miss Kristen" I was so proud of him that he is started to take inititive and act on those thoughts that he has. After we got up and left and took Courtney to work. I'm so glad he was able to go and see Andrew at school.
SWAKK, OOOOHHHH I just LOOOOVEEE my kiddos and my hubby, they really are the best gifts I could ever receive in this life!
Thursday, December 18, 2008
A Wonderful Life!
Posted by annie at 5:06 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Merry Christmas to you and your family! Great family pics at Antelope Island. Andrew has great hair and Abbey is cute. Can you believe how big our boys are getting? Guess what? Nathan had the SAME LINE for the Primary Program. You'll have to tell Andrew. He said it right up in the microphone so it was hard to hear him. :) I thought that was a great coincidence since they're friends. It's fun to see our kids progress at school. Nathan made a fun cookie train at school, but then he ran away to a friend's house today while I was putting Sophia down for a nap. What a rascal! I'm glad to hear Andrew's doing well. Our kids are the real treasures in our lives for sure. I'm glad things are going well for you up north. Too bad us girls can't get together like the guys via the video game. Call me and we'll chat instead! love ya, Angie & fam
I'm so glad that you had a wonderful Christmas! I would have totally cried too! You are in good company! It is always so fun to have the dad's around! I know Matilda has loved having David home for the last few days...and me too!!! We miss you and hoe you are still having a great holiday!
When I was a teenager, it was so boring to see the kids perform in Church or wherever. I couldn't figure out why they always had the kids get up to sing.
Then I became a parent and I found out how important these occasions are. Furthermore, I would get a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes. There is just something about your kids performing that pulls on the heartstrings--it happens every time.
I loved my kids and now that love has grown to include my wonderful inlaw children and all my beautiful grandchildren. Love just grows and grows.
Love you,
Mom
Post a Comment