CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 17, 2010

9 years of happiness



May 17, 2001 marked one of the most beautiful days of my life. Courtney and I were sealed in the LDS Logan Temple. I remember it well, it was such a beautiful day. The weather was perfect I remember thinking " I don't care if someone ruins the cake or someone wears something I didn't tell them too because all I care about is Courtney and I and what a beautiful start we have together."

We lived with my parents for a month and then we left on a road trip that would lead us to our new home in Boston. After my mission to Boston, MA I wanted to go back to Boston and I thought if I don't meet the right man then I'm going anyway and going to have a blast regardless! Well I did meet the right guy and I still got to go to Boston and have a blast. I've met the most phenomenal people and made so many friends. What an incredible experience we both had and continue to have.

I remember when we arrived in Boston we took the wrong loop to get to our street on Baystate road and if any of you have traveled the Boston roads knows, sometimes it's not so easy to get back to where you want to be. So about an hour or so later......lot's of cars honking at us, it was incredibly hot, later.... we finally made our way to our new home on Baystate road, just a 5 minute walk to Fenway park.

Our first night there was quite exciting....our windows faced out to an alley way and since it was hot we had the windows open and the sounds of a big city filled our new little home. Then we heard a bunch of commotion so we looked out the window and there were two homeless men fighting it out for a spot behind a big garbage bin. Finally one of them one as the other relented his position and the man who won laid down for literally 30 sec. and then he got up and left..... we looked at each other and said "Welcome, to Boston!"

in the wee hours of the morning we discovered that the alley was a place for all the harley bikers to come and zoom zoom around and since this alley was surrounded by buildings it was great for the acoustical sound the bikes made.

We got to know so many wonderfully fabulous people. All of them are so talented, it was fun to learn from each of them.

I can't believe it's been 9 fabulous years with Courtney. Two adorable children later we are still holding on to each other, always looking for the good and forgiving the bad. What a fun adventure we have been on. We are both looking forward to many more years of great excitement and lot's more memories to be shared.

I love you sweetie, thank you for making my every wish and dream come true, it all started with you.

My sister Dana and me.



Dad and Mom Gross

4 comments:

Cathy said...

Happy Anniversary! You were such a beautiful bride! Thanks for the stroll down memory lane and congratulations!

Chip and Lisa said...

CONGRATS!!! Happy Anniversary, you guys haven't changed much in 9 years! May you have many more!!

annie said...

Thanks cath, it was fun to stroll.

Lisa, you my friend are too too kind regarding the "haven't changed much"

Those were fun times. I wish I had a better camera back then, then I could have taken better Boston pictures for sure.

:)

Gloria said...

I remember that day and it was a wonderful experience. I also remember the day that you pulled away from here to begin your new adventure. Happy for you, but kind of sad for us. You were our last child to leave the nest.

I must say you have done well and I'm proud of the two of you and the life you are building together.

Love you,
Mom