Christmas has come and gone and I just had to share how wonderful it was. First all the fun Holiday parties with all the people you want to hang with. We had Courtney's family over for Christmas Eve and we all had such a great time tasting delicious foods and catching up with everyone what they've been doing through the year, to find out who was pregnant and not. And of course to see Santa and his elf. Santa lead us through several favorite songs and he told us about the Christ child and why He is so important in our lives.
This was the first year that Andrew and Abbey actually LOVED to spot Santa around town when we would be out and they just were so ecstatic when he came to our house to sing songs and the best part was that he gave them each a gift and a candy cane.
Courtney's dad stayed over Christmas Eve with us, we had such a fun time with him. We all stayed up wrapping gifts and watching "The Christmas Story" until 3am. I was making Quiche Lorraine for the next morning and I forgot to buy half and half so off Courtney and I were to find some cream at 2am on Christmas...... yeah we're pretty nuts but hey you gotta try right! Thanks to Maverick gas station we found some and we didn't have to drive around forever, thank heavens.
We scheduled to have my sister and her family to come over at 8am for breakfast and exchange some gifts. I woke up at 7am to put the quiche in the oven, when Gary my brother-in-law called and said hey were on our way and he asked if all was awake and I said no, he said "here talk to Dana" and Dana said "I thought your kids woke up at 7am" and I said " they do, normally but they were up til midnight. Well they came and Chloe and Ethan and Dallin were able to wake up my kids which they were thrilled. Dana and Family got to see our kids open all of their gifts which that's one of the reasons they wanted to come over so it worked out perfect!!
We ate and then they left and we watched the kids have fun with one of their many presents, the Star Wars lightsabers. Dana said that with Abbey's crown on she was perfect for being Princess Leia.
Later Christmas night we went over to our good friends and had some more yummy food and played until the kids got too wild to ignore. So much fun was had by all.
We truly are blest to have such good and happy lives. The gospel of Jesus Christ makes that possible. I'm grateful that we can remember the Christ child and the example of his life he had shown to us as well as his ultimate gift and sacrifice of his life so we can return back to him and our Heavenly Father. It is through CHRIST that ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE.
We hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas!
Love you all!
The Allen's
Saturday, January 2, 2010
Merry Christmas
Posted by annie at 1:25 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
I am glad you had such a great Christmas season. I am also glad to get back to blogging. You inspire me.
Wish we could have been there for the fun -- and the food! Christmas is the best. Your kids are so big, I can't believe it! xoxo
Post a Comment