CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, February 14, 2009

One down, one to go...



So it's been forever since I've had a chance to blog, to even look at anyone's blog or to do anything I've wanted because......

ANDREW IS POTTY TRAINED!!!!!!!!!

I'm sooo excited about this and I'm sooo proud of him.

I didn't know when he would be ready but for the last year I've ask him to sit on the potty while we get ready for baths and he'll sit there forever and not go pee so finally last week he actually went pee 3 times and it was soo cool. I decided well it's now or never and I read excerpts of "How to train your child in less than a day" and took the whole day of practicing going potty after accidents and by bedtime I had the biggest headache in the world.

Next morning he was dry and he went potty and we even went to pick up Courtney from the airport and w/ only underwear on we had no accidents. I'm so thrilled and happy for Andrew's independence. He still has some accidents as he doesn't want to leave what he's doing to go potty but we just have a practice lessons and then were back on track.

Also Andrew either loves treats for rewards or he doesn't so he vacillates between edible and non-edible items for rewards for going potty. Which gets pretty hard to use something to get him excited about toiletering. This is probably why I haven't attempted potty training until now.

One thing we found he absolutely LOVES as in being giggly, so happy type of loves is Tinker Bell. I know what your thinking a boy liking Tinker Bell but it's true. I even made up a song to help him learn how to wash his hands. So Whenever he goes pee pee or poo poo (it's sounds better saying it in doubles rather than singularly don't ya think?) I digress, anyway so he gets so excited now to use the bathroom because every time he uses it, Tink will come visit him in the form of a little red pen light that you use for presentations. I have never seen someone get so excited for something like this. But I say hey if this is his passion we'll run with it. As long as he's potty trained I could care less. :)

So now I'll be gearing up for Abbey in a couple of months. What is her passion going to be?? Star Wars??? I'm so excited to spend diaper money on something more fun like more pillows for my bed or couch :) (for those of you who don't know I have a fedish about pillows & sheets)

5 comments:

Gloria said...

Andrew's Gramma is sooo happy at his great success. I think the pen light as Tinker Bell idea came from the Wxxx High School's production of Peter Pan. They used a lime green light to show Tinker Bell's activities. He was so enthralled with this play that he was quite attentive during the whole time, so I'm told.

This is a big mile stone in his life and his progression. Way to go, Andrew!

Love,
Gramma G

annie said...

Mom your right, the light was an idea from when he saw Peter Pan. Instead of a green light it's red and it works!!!

He's more excited than the kids who see Santa Clause.

Now Abbey wants to go potty. Soon we will be a diaper free home!!!

Liz Rose said...

Wahhoooo!! Way to go Andrew and Mommy! That is such a fun milestone. And I think training the first one is so difficult because you are learning too! :)

Linda said...

Emma took forever to potty train... she wouldn't go for treats, threats or anything else. She was always too busy to deal with going to the bathroom. We finally had to take all of her toys away, and I mean ALL. We completely cleaned her room out until she only had a bed, sheets, blanket and a pillow. We gave her back one toy every time she went in the toilet, and took them all away again if she had an accident. The first day she thought we were just kidding, the second day it worked until she had all of her toys back. This was the only way we could get her to take us seroiusly. She was 3 1/2!

Julie Miller said...

I know exactly how great that feels to be diaper free (for one at least)! Way to go!