CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 10, 2008

34 yrs of gratitude


On Saturday, Nov. 8th I was born. After 34 yrs of being alive, it makes me very reflective about my life. Recently, during the LDS Conference session there was a lot of talk regarding being grateful, having more gratitude prayers and so forth. So Courtney and I after hearing this decided that we were not going to ask for things in our prayers anymore instead to thank Heavenly Father for all we have, much as the song "Count your many blessings" counsels us to do.

If you want miracles to happen do this, I can't describe so eloquently how the principle of gratitude blesses our very lives continually. I've come to realize that Heavenly Father does know what we need before we ask and he's so ready and willing to pour out those blessings to us. I've seen more miracles/blessings happen when I haven't ask for things instead just being grateful for what I do have. So in honor of my birthday I wanted to share with all of you a few things that I'm grateful for.

1. Mom, for having the courage to listen to the spirit when you were prompted to get pregnant w/ me even though your health was awful and the Dr. warned you not to and Dad was in agreement. Listening to that still small voice when you didn't know what to do for me during my trials in grade school.

2. Dad for being happy after mom was pregnant with me. Working hard for our family. Checking my car to see if it needed anything to be done to it. Cleaning my car off in the winter. Being the greatest example of what a husband and father should be.

3. All my brothers, for they have taught me many things, but above all them showing me that they love me. Picking outstanding woman to be my sisters-in-law, I have so much fun with them.

4. My sweet sister D.K. , who is always there for me. She has the biggest heart and forgives so quickly. She Dances to fun music and acts like she's in High school when we listen to her playlist. She can make any "somewhat" funny show turn into a "riot". Taking me to see an embalming for the first time w/ her friends. What an experience!

5. All my 19 neices and nephews. They aided in the fine tuning of preperation for motherhood.

6. My father-in-law, B. Who would give the shirt off his back to anyone who needed it. Teaching O.C. how to vacuum with perfection as well as teaching him to be a kind and wonderful husband and father.

7. My sweet hubby, O.C. he works so hard everyday for our family. He helps me get the kids ready in the morning if he has a second and helps me keep our home clean. I'm grateful that he appreciates all I do. He has a great sense of humor. He is truly my best friend and love. He took me to Rodizio Grille for my b-day, that was were we went on our first date and it was just as fun as the first time we went.

8. Yoda & Yodina (you'll have to check previous posts to understand who these two are) They bring an absolute sweetness and happiness into my life that I would never receive anywhere on earth. I've learned how to be more patient and understanding (though this is a process not an event). These two are my two most precious miracles in my life.

9. My dear friend Ape, for helping me understand the miracle of forgiving someone when your 10 yrs old you think they need to ask for your forgiveness. But then a mom tells you that it is me that would be hurting not my friend. So praying to forgive & love her as Heavenly Father loves her and instantly feeling an absolute love & forgiveness for her. Now we are the closest friends going through so much together. I think often what if we didn't forgive each other I wouldn't have had the experiences of having her for a wonderful friend. Ape has taught me more than I want to know but it's so worth it!

10. My Boston friends, all of you showed me how to serve in my callings better and be happy and care about others. We had wonderful talks, walks and fun at different restaurants together. These wonderful friends showed us how to have adventures and love life and not be scared to try new things.

11. My South Weber Friends. So many fun ladies to talk to and visit. Wherever we go their are fabulous people everywhere. These wonderful people are very kind and helpful, especially when we moved into a top story apartment. 3 flights of stairs + heavy furniture = friends for life. We have the greatest conversations. We hope to stay here in S. Weber for a long time.

I'm grateful for all the experiences and people I've been blessed to meet & get to know in my life and all the wonderful places I've been able to go to and live and see. As Mr. Roger's from Mr. Roger's Neighborhood would say......or sing........ "It's such good feeling to know your alive, it's such a happy feeling you feel it inside and when you wake up ready to say, I'm going to have a happy new day 1, 2, 3, 4, it's such a goooood feeling to know your alive!!!! anyway I didn't qoute the song verbadum but you get the message :)

I'm grateful for YOU!!!! thanks for being a part of my 34 yrs. I'm looking forward to the rest of my years. Talk about having an adventure waiting for you at the start of everyday.

6 comments:

Gloria said...

Loved reading all the things for which you are grateful. I am grateful to be your Mom. I am grateful to have six children who are such wonderfully, good people, who married equally wonderful and good spouses. I have been richly blessed and those blessings continue to pour in.

Julie Miller said...

Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday dear Annemarie, Happy Birthday to you! There is my birthday song to you! Sorry it's late! Hope you had a good one!

Chip and Lisa said...

Wow what a beautiful post. I loved reading that and it was such a great idea. You are such an amazing person and I love your outlook on life. Happy 34th Birthday and may the next 34 years be filled with the same joy and many more.

The Paper Plates said...

My wonderful sister. It is so good to have you so close. That is mostly for what I am grateful for - that you are back home with us.

I can't believe you didn't mention you were grateful for your great smelling home. Your home is always so perfect and you did an amazing job on your artwork. You need to show that off in your blog.

sorichfamily said...

happy birthday (belated)! i hope it was wonderful and that you had so much fun celebrating! it sounds like you have lots to be grateful for! thanks for reminding me to count MY blessings too! i hope that your year is filled with many more blessings to add to your list!

Angela said...

Happy Birthday -- a little belated. I'm so glad we got to celebrate those kinds of occasions with you in Boston. I hope we can get together in the coming year. Friends for life (and longer!).