So it's been too long since I've posted about what's happening in my life. My sister asked me if I wanted to go with her to see Studio 5 on a live broadcast. we went with my sister in law Becky and her sister Amy and Dana's friend Truda. It was so much fun! These ladies are so fun. Becky made a sign that said "We Love Darin" on it which got us noticed and made Darin blush. We even got to see carol Makita! you just can't get better than that... :)
On Mother's Day, we of course had to take pictures and the best ones are of us being silly. I think Andrew's favorite pictures are those with his tongue sticking out! Silly Andrew and Abbey! I just love our kids, they are sure the sweetest kids and they are so good to listen and mind when we ask them to do things.
Every 3 weeks on a Friday my sister has gone with my mom to her chemo appointments. My mom is such a ROCK STAR! She has a lot of pain after her treatments but it doesn't seem to diminish her faith or her positive outlook! God is with her and she feels his presence everywhere she goes. It's been good to go with her and Dana to have time to talk and laugh and remember fond memories. I love you mom, I'm so grateful I get to learn from you!
Andrew and Shanner-banner doing what they love to do in pictures, stick their tongues out (more Andrew than Shannon). Andrew from the time he was young to now has had a special bond with my lovely niece Shannon. Yesterday was my niece Dawn's birthday so we went over and Shannon had a Ipad that only she uses and if anyone else touches she flips out on them, but Andrew had full rain on it and it kept him occupied perfectly!!!! Thanks Shannon!
These two What can I say!!!! They laugh, fight and play together. Just what brother's and sister's do. We just celebrated Abbey's 4th birthday and I still can't believe she is 4 and that she is learning her numbers and letters and doing so well in pretend playing (I never got that with Andrew) She helps Andrew get out of his 'zone', What a blessing she is to have in our home. They both listening to music and they LOVE to go outside and play with friends.
One of Andrew's friends 'Grace' keeps saying to me "Annemarie, I think that Andrew's autism is gone" and I said "oh, really?" "tell me why you think so" and she said that because he was racing bikes with her and being with her not just side by side and that HE WON the race!!!! I thought that was so cute. Then she told him that he needed to get his autism out of him and so then he was telling me "Mom, I need to get my autism out!" and all I can do is tell him that he has to overcome the effects of autism. But hey, if he can get it out that's ok with me, but I love him whatever he has. He brings a kind of sweetness to our family that's hard to describe. I'm so grateful for his 'one liners' you can't hide his thoughts.... so so cute both my kids are!
Monday, May 30, 2011
Catch-up on my life....
Posted by annie at 10:51 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment