CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

My heart has been heavy for the past week now. One of my dear sisters in my ward lost her 8 month old child last Thursday from SIDS. They came to church on Sunday and both her and her husband had such strength and peace they bore their testimonies about Eternal families, they have strengthened me as well as all the other ward members. Tuesday was the funeral service and all the family wore purple in honor of their little girl. I felt like it was such an honor to have known her. I just love their family and I continue to pray for them to experience continued peace.

Then on Saturday I learned my Uncle Don passed away. He had a stroke 21 1/2 years ago and my brave and wonderful Aunt Joyce took care of him while he was debilitated and couldn't eat or drink or do anything much for himself. Through it all he would give you a wink and let you know he loved you. What a wonderful man he is. Today we had his funeral in Provo and it was so nice to hear so many wonderful tributes to him about his life.

Sunday came and I was informed of my Uncle Jim passing away. Jim is my mom's brother and he has reminded me of my grandpa Hortt ever since I can remember. Him and his wife Maureen were so fun to be with. They would be with my grandma Hortt whenever we would go down to Nevada. We would go to casino's (to eat the food of course) and have a good time just being together. My brother-in-law, Gary said that Don probably went to pick up Jim. I'd like to think that they are with all their loved ones and having the best family reunion ever!

Sunday was also my sister's son, Boston's birthday. He passed away about 5 years ago in April from an accidental drowning when he just turned 2. My sister is truly a pillar of strength and has had many special experiences that has helped her to know that Boston is their by her side.
Courtney, the kids and I went to Boston's grave Sunday evening and brought him a pinwheel for his birthday and the kids sang him a happy birthday song. After, Andrew said that he wanted to go to Boston's house.

The sadness I feel is not about "if" or "where" are these loved ones but the sadness comes because I miss them terribly and it will truly be the most magnificent reunion when we, our families will be whole again and everyone can be together again. I'm so grateful I know that our Savior Jesus Christ Lives and I know about the Infinite Atonement and Love He has given to each of us. Giving up his life so that we can have ours. I have truly felt heaven all around me.

I just want to say to those who I know and will get to know, each one of you has brought something special to my life. I will always be grateful for the laughs the cries and all the in between moments that has helped me to grow and hopefully become a better daughter, sister, mother and wife.

2 comments:

Maria said...

Thanks for all of your love and support for our family. I am truely grateful to have you as a friend. I am so sorry about your uncle's and am thankful for forever families.

Chip and Lisa said...

What a beautiful and heart wrenching post. Im so sorry for all your losses but it's those moments that bring us closer to our Heavenly Father. You are such a sweetheart and Im also glad that you were a chapter in my life.