So I don't think I introduced you to our new member of our family.... our kitty, Tinker Belle. After we moved in one morning I saw this kitty using our dirt as a litter box and after she was finished with her business I told Abbey to come see a kitty and she was right by my side before you could blink.
We went outside and called for the kitty and she came immediately toward us and she seemed hungry, but I decided we just weren't going to keep a cat because I didn't want to deal with the hair or buying food or worrying about claw marks and of course the kitty litter.... why go through all of that, I'm asking myself!
Well if any of you remember hearing the story about the camel in the dessert story it happened much like that. For those who don't remember let me tell you about it in my own words.
There was a man who was walking through the dessert with his camel and one night there was to be a big sand storm. Well the man set-up a tent and was safe inside from this sand storm. The camel on the other hand was left to wait it out in the elements as the tent was not big enough for the both of them.
The camel poked it's nose in and asked the man if he could just keep his nose in the tent so he could breath easier, of course the man obliged, knowing a nose wouldn't take up any room and then the camel pleaded with the man to let him stick his face, ears and each time the man obliged to let the came do this well this continued on through the evening until finally the man found himself outside of the tent in the horrible sand storm and the camel was cozy in the tent.
So you see, animals are quite crafty little beings to try to get us humans to take care of them. this story is much like how we finally "adopted" our Tinker Belle, she kind of sneaked into our hearts and we do love her.
But I have to say she has been so good to have and she is so patient with the kids, for example: Abbey went up to her (several times now) and pushes on her or she'll pat her really hard but the cat hasn't swatted at the kids but just runs to get away when they become a little too aggressive.
Monday, February 1, 2010
Tinker Belle, the newest member of our family
Posted by annie at 2:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
I can't believe you jumped into the animal world. You are a great mom and your kids will love her!!! It's so fun to be in the blogging world again so we can stay in touch!!!
Absolutely!!!
Post a Comment