Here we are, I finally got my pictures downloaded for all those who have been waiting to see what I've been doing since we got our first home. I painted one wall a dark espresso chocolate and I adore it! I have missed my Manhatten leather sleeper sofa! It's been in storage since after we lived in Connecticut. Taking it up 3 flights were we used to live was not an option. We hardly ever use this room as we are mostly in the family room. I have since put pictures up over the couch and I am looking for espresso drapes that have grommets on top and a white pin stripe. If you come across it please let me know. The dresser that houses the "funeral" looking lamps I repainted and changed the hardware to have a more updated modern feel to it. it was given to me by my friend who inherited it when she moved into her home. A while later I went into Downeast Outfitters Home and they had one similar only in white with the same harware on it asking for $400.00 which was a steal of a price and I got mine for $0. I call that some good luck and made me happy.
Abbey's room is called the "pink" room for obvious reasons. One of my friends helped paint and stripe the wall. I absolutely LOVE it. I got her bedset on KSL for cheap, my friends, it was what I wanted. The artwork of course is done by me for that personal touch.
I hung her blessing dress as well as Courtney's blessing outfit. I love to see them and remember her baby blessing and to look at how small she and Courtney used to be.I LOVE our family room! It's nice and roomy to have a great party. It goes right into the dining and kitchen. Off of the Kitchen is a little reading nook. Whenever someone calls me it takes me a while just to get my phone. I love the space!!!
Eventually I want to add crown molding to our cabinet tops and stain them a dark espresso chocolate and paint the walls a blue/grey much like the color of the ocean water when it's grey and cloudy, this way the couch will pop and stand out. I want to recover the "pleather" blue chairs that were given to us to a black and white toile or a real leather?? ideas are welcome on that one. Last but not least we are going to get med/dark wood floors put in throughout from the entry clear through to the kitchen area. Lot's to do but it will be so fun!
In our bedroom I wanted to mix colors and styles as I'm definitely what I would call eclectic in my style. The quilt hung over our bed is a baby quilt that my Grandma Gross made for my dad when he was a baby. So years ago I had it framed and I'm so happy I'm able to enjoy this piece of artwork everyday. The basket of quilts at the foot of the bed are all from both grandma's and one of them is called "Boston Commons" made from my Grandma Delila. When I was getting ready to get married she asked me if I wanted her to make a new quilt for me and I said no I wanted something she had already done and then she pulled out the quilt and said what the name was and I said "sold" obviously going on a mission to Boston and then living there I chose the "Boston commons" quilt. The chair by the desk I found at the DI for $5 bucks and I loved the yellow and I just spray painted the metal part white to freshen it up. I want to paint our room (wallpaper is out of the question as I had to remove it from Abbey's room and I made an oath after that , that I would NEVER get wallpaper on my walls.) I'm thinking a blue for the walls, I don't know give me your ideas??
So there you have it. There is a full basement that's bigger than the whole upstairs but unfinished. I just got a wicker couch from my sister-in-law gave me, that I put down stairs so that we can chill out and the kids can go bonkers and I want to be able to do more paintings so I won't have to worry about getting anything on the carpet at least for now. The downstairs will have 2 bedrooms, 1 full bathroom, exercise room, movie theater room, game room, food storage, I'm going to have under the stairs be a play room for the kids with windows on both sides of the wall. Lot's of possibilities.
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
rooms, rooms, and more rooms.
Posted by annie at 4:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
Annmarie!! Wow, they are absolultely beautiful! I LOVE Abby's room! You've given me lots of inspiration to say the least!!
Oh, P.S.--How about a picture of the outside? :)
Oh yes I will get a picture of the outside. I of course painted the front door and the shutters a dark plum color. They were white before and the siding of the house is white so when winter comes.... let's just say tooo much white for me. I went with a dark plum as the brick has greys and plum colors in it. we also weeded the front and added flowers. So I will get a picture soon.
Nice tour of your home. You covered everything so that those who have not been there could see what it is like. You didn't show Andrew's room though. I like it even though you didn't change the paint color.
Love you,
Mom
What a beautiful home! I really like the espresso wall and Abby's room too. I'm a fan of blue, so I'd say go with that in your bedroom, and the shade you describe for the kitchen sounds great too. When I get my dream home, I'll want to hire you to help me decorate! You have a great eye for design.
Congratulations! I didn't know you guys bought a house! It looks so nice and beautiful! You did a great job decorating it Annmarie!
Post a Comment