CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 31, 2009

Moving on up...the full story

You know the drill when you begin looking for a house..... looking, looking and more looking. We put offers in and no one wanted to come down so we kept looking and then there was this "perfect" house we put an offer in and they called our Realtor to say there were going to be multiple offers so she called us but only got Courtney since I was out with the girls. Does he call me.... no, which he was trying to be thoughtful in letting me have none interrupted time. So when I got home around 9pm I find out that we had a multiple offer situation and of course my Realtor goes to bed around 9pm so she wouldn't answer the phone and then came Sunday and by Monday the house was gone. Needless to say I was quite PEEVED! but like anything else time seems to heal all wounds.

During this time my brother and sister-in-law were trying to sell their house. 3600 sq ft. (not fully finished yet) over a 1/3 acre lot, 3 car garage, RV pad, Fire pit, HUGE garden, play house, nice neighborhood... quiet too, rambler, big open floor plan... perfect for parties! Everything on our list and more, the only reason why we didn't think about it was the high price they were asking and the longer commute Courtney would have to work. As we prayed about it we both felt good and when we talked to them they were willing to lower their price to what we wanted.

We've officially been moved in for a week and we LOVE it! The neighbors and ward members seem wonderful. The most important thing is that our kids love it, I can open the back sliding glass door and let them run around free as a bird, they love to go in the garden to pick raspberry's. This last Sat. we got up early and started weeding then ran two sec away to get plants and flowers and started some landscaping. I loved working with Courtney and I loved having the kids want to help water the flowers. Best of all the commute for Courtney isn't bad just 20 min.

The projects I've been working on have been painting one LR wall a dark espresso brown and we painted Abbey's room a light pink and did a 6 inch darker pink strip on one wall. Both rooms look fabulouso according to me. When I get my pictures downloaded I will show everyone my fun painting projects.

5 comments:

Earlene said...

Congratulations--I love it how things just seem to work out. Can't wait for the pics!

Liz Rose said...

By the way...Earlene...is really Liz Rose...I'm using my moms computer! :)

Julie Miller said...

Yeah! Now get those pictures up. You couldn't be that busy;) Hee Hee!

The Campbell Family said...

You need to have a house warming party when you get settled in (Jeremy and Becky need to do the same). Fun stuff! Definitely want to see your paint projects when you get them posted.

Linda said...

I'm glad that you guys are closer, the kids can play and you and I can sweat our behinds off workin' out. We will be skinny, say it over and over and over until you believe it!