CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Happy Birthday to Grandma Gross



On Thursday August 14, was my mom's birthday. I wanted to show tribute to her as she is the best mom for me. My mom has gone through many experiences similar to my experiences that when I needed guidance she undoubtedly shared what she learned and gave that inspiration to me and being a smart kid like I am I listened wholeheartedly!

To tell you a little about my mom she grew up in Provo, Ut and had 7 siblings. She went to BYU were she met my dad and they were sealed in the SLC Temple. She had 6 children who all love and adore her. She has 19 grandchildren, one is an angel looking out for all of us. She had knee surgery and then had some recovery time before she and my dad went to Brazil for a mission.

When I had Abbey my mom and dad came to help w/ Andrew. My mom was w/ me and Courtney in the hospital and she was a calming influence every time I had a contraction. I was so grateful for her and my dad being there because they helped so much when Abbey had to be under the bilirubin lights.

I remember when I was probably 10yrs old, I broke a very special dish of hers and instead of yelling at me about how I was careless, she just said "People are more important than things" and I just sat there and cried because I felt her love instead of criticism.

H is for you Hearing what we have to say.
A is for you Appreciating all we do.
P is for having a Positive outlook on life.
P is for having great Patience.
Y is for Yummy dinners.

B is for being boisterous in all you do.
I is for your Insights you share.
R is for your example of Righteous living.
T is for your Trials that you magnificently triumph over.
H is for your Happiness for life.
D is for your dedication to the gospel, family and your health.
A is for your never ending aspirations.
Y is for your eternal Youth.

I love you mom, thank you for always being there for me.

3 comments:

Gloria said...

Do I ever have tears in my eyes right now. Thank you for such a touching Happy Birthday.

As a mother, the most gratifying thing in this life is being able to save her children from some of the gut wrenching trials that come along. If we can learn from another's experience, so much the better for us. Sometimes we listen and save ourselves, and sometimes we don't listen and have to learn by walking through the muck ourselves.

How grateful I am for your little family and for your success. I am also so very grateful for all my children and for the love they have for each other. It is my deepest held belief that one of the reasons that we came to earth is to learn how to establish loving relationships with each other. We do that by looking for all the positive and cheering that on and ignoring the warts (negative).

Love you all,
Mom

Liz Rose said...

What a great mama you have!

Julie Miller said...

I don't think we ever fully appreciate our Moms until we become one ourselves!