CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 4, 2008

Happy 1st Birthday Abbey !!

On May 27, 2007 our little Abbey was born. These little miracles come into your life so fast and then they grow up even faster.

You never know what surprises you will get with each child. She had jaundice and was up to an 18 (they hospitalize at 21) and so she lived in this little suitcase (literally it was a big blue suitcase that opened up) for 5 days, so we spent our time right by her side making sure she was breathing ok and that she didn't move the sheet that protected her eyes from the UV light. Wow that was a stressful time, I was so worried about her. Those 5 days felt like months for me.

Now she is as precocious as ever! getting into everything and anything. She loves to babble and she points at things and says "that" and so we tell her what everything is. Her first words have been... I Love you, da da, mama, all done, Hi Josh (boy in our ward) A (for Andrew) Choose the right (I'm not kidding!! she pointed to my CTR ring and I told her that the CTR ment Choose The Right and she repeated it. She has repeated many other words that right now I can't think of. When I ask her to come to me so I can put her shoes on. She does, she walks up to me and turns around and sits down so that I can put her shoes on. I'll ask her to go get her stuffed animal puppy dog or horsey and she does. To many of you it might seem like "yeah no big deal she's learning and growing" but for me it's an amazing thing because none of these things did I experience with Andrew up until 1 year ago when he was 2 1/2 could he go get something that I needed and she's doing it now!!!

I think what I learned from Andrew is to not take anything for granted. Every moment should be savored and kept close to your heart. Abbey loves Andrew so much she loves to be around him and they laugh and giggle all the time together.

Abbey is a Godsend, she has brought out better communication with Andrew and so much more. When she was first born I couldn't hardly get a picture of them together he w
ould always push her over because he didn't want her touching him but now he will put his arms around her and it's her trying to get out of his arms because she is just on the go and doesn't want to sit still for a picture. I know Abbey and Andrew will always be so close together throughout their lives.

Happy Birthday my sweet little darling, I can't believe your 1 years old now, You and Andrew make me so happy each and every day.


1. Abbey is finishing her yummy piece of cake. 2. Abbey's favorite Cousin, James holding her while she examines her new rubber ducky. 3. Abbey's birthday cake that mom made ( I had the hardest time with the frosting bags and tips... that's all I'll say. :D

1 comments:

Angela said...

It's great to see you're bloggin again! Wow, I can't believe Abbey's a year old now! I've experienced the same thing with my kids -- so impressed with my baby girl's verbal ability vs. my boy's at the same age. Our kids definitely are precious.